Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Family Vacation

I was out of town.

I was at Wisconsin Dells, a city in South Central Wisconsin, near Madison, which is known to many as the "Waterpark Capital of the world". I have seen it featured in travel shows and magazines.

Wisconsin Dells is a fun place. For someone like me, who comes from a tropical island where beaches were readily accessible year round, this is a great place to be in the summer. And it has plenty of indoor waterparks as well, which are kept at very warm temps. So I would not mind scaping there in the winter.

My father-in-law and mother-in-law were gracious enough to book a condo in one of the biggests resorts up at the Dells. So we had a family reunion. There were 17 of us. 10 adults, 7 kids.

Besides the natural friction that could result from having so many people and personalities together, in general, we had a great time. The children particularly had a blast from playing in the many water park attractions. We had three days of fabulous weather. And I have a nice tan.

Hanging out by the outdoor park, I felt as if I was back in the Island again. I felt nostalgic and sad at times. As a matter of fact, I felt sad leaving the Dells, the same way I feel sad after saying goodbye to Puerto Rico from the airplane window after a visit...

I did not leave any relatives back at the Dells. Just memories and wishes, just moments where, for a moment, I pretended to be at a resort in Puerto Rico.

I wish to go back again. The girls loved it...maybe in the middle of our brutal winter, we can escape...

No comments: